If you want to research information that does not need to be up-to-the-minute current, try using something from Adams County Library's great collection of print materials.
Adams County Library Collection
- over 35,000 books, fiction and non-fiction, including items for people of all ages and reading levels. This includes a small collection of children's books in Spanish; a bookshelf of local history and genealogy; and 1200 large print books;
- more than 9500 DVDs and videos;
- subscriptions to 90 magazines and newspapers;
- approximately 2100 items on CD, both music and audiobooks.
Most items may be checked out to enjoy at home.
South Central Library Collecton
As part of the South Central Library System, the LINKcat catalog provides access to the collections of 47 libraries in south central Wisconsin. Using your library card barcode and pin number, you can search for items that are on the shelf at your home library, or put hold requests on items from other libraries. When you put a hold on an item, that item will be sent to your home library, and you will be notified by email, text message, or phone - your choice. For new release films and books, please be aware that the hold lists can be quite long.
To search or log into the catalog, click here: LINKcat
Questions? Please ask! The Adams County Library's main phone number is 608-339-4250.
Ebooks & Emagazines
As part of Wisconsin's Digital Library, all Adams County Library patrons can check out e-books through Overdrive. There are more than 138,000 books and audiobooks available for reading or listening to using a digital device. Need more information? Check out Overdrive's Getting Started page here.
Wisconsin's Digital Library (OverDrive): Downloadable ebooks & audiobooks.
Flipster: Digital magazines.
For information that is too recent or too specialized to be in one of Adams County Library's books or magazines, you can check our Online Resources provided through BadgerLink and the South Central Library System.
The Linkcat catalog includes a list of all databases you can search online. Most are available to search from any digital device, both at home or at the library.
- To search for information by subject, start with these online resources by subject;
- To search for information using a specific database, start with this list of online resources by name;
- To search for information from additional databases provided by Adams County Library, start with this list of locally-subscribed resources. If ACL doesn't have the database you need, contact the staff at a library that does have the resource and find out if they can help you.