Annual Short Story Contest a marvelous success.
Robert Theim, Master of Quincy Lodge #71, Free and Accepted Masons of Wisconsin was proud to announce the annual Short Story Contest, hosted by Quincy Lodge in conjunction with the Adams County Library, was a wonderful success.
“Each year the writing seems to get better and better,” Theim said. “This year’s stories were funny, sad, magical, nostalgic, and downright adventurous. I am so impressed, each year, by the improvements, regular participants make. A number of the kids have participated each year, since the original contest in 2015. It’s so rewarding to watch the technical as well as the imaginative side of their writing grow and develop.”
“I am particulary grateful to the Masonic brotherhood for hosting such an awesome event," Theim noted. "After-all, it’s promoting the growth and development of the kids in our community and that’s a big part of what the Free and Accepted Masons are about.”
Congratulations to the winners of the 2017 Short Story Contest!
Click on the titles to read the stories.
Ages 10 and younger:
- 1st place -David and the Birthday Aliens, by Luke Board
- 2nd place - Backyard Adventure, by Elijah Board
- 3rd place - Froggy Froggy, by Ezrah Cuarenta
Ages 15 and younger:
- 1st place - 9/11/01, the Worst Day of Joy Carter's Life, by Maureen Winsor
- 2nd place - Make a Wish, by Lily Winsor
- 3rd place - The Magical Adventure, by Richie Church
Ages 18 and younger:
- 1st place - Tails of Endearment, by Kaitlyn Smith
- 2nd place - Small Things, by Hannah David
- 3rd place - Jack's Trip for Cheese, by Timothy Board