Jump to navigation
Frequently Asked Questions about Available Services
How do I make an appointment?
- Call the Library at 608-339-4250. Library staff will work with you to find a day and time that you can come to the Library.
When are appointments available?
- Monday, Tuesday, and Friday, 10 am - 4:30 pm.
- Wednesday, 10 am - 7 pm.
- The Library is closed on Thursdays, weekends, and holidays.
What will happen when I arrive?
- The Community Center door will be locked. If you have a mobile phone, call from the door to let us know you are there.
- A staff member will let you into the building and escort you to the library.
- The outside door has a roof that provides some shelter from wind and rain. Please dress so you will be comfortable while you wait.
- If you don't have a mobile phone, call from home before you leave. That will make sure we know you are coming.
May I come in without an appointment?
- If you come to the Community Center without an appointment, we will be happy to admit you if we can. Just give us a call to ask.
- If we are full when you call, we'll try to figure out another way to help you.
How long is my appointment?
- As long as needed. If we become crowded, we will look for patrons who are willing to leave so that we can admit new arrivals.
Do I need a library card?
- No library card is needed if you just want to use a computer, the Wi-Fi, or have something to fax, print, or photocopy.
- Staff will help you sign up for a card if you have a photo ID with you. We also offer a Web Only card. Details available at this link.
What can I do at an appointment?
- Use a library PC.
- Get staff help with sending a fax, printing from a computer, or making a photocopy.
- Browse the shelves for items you want to check out.
- Pick up a craft kit--kid and adult versions available.
- Use the library's microfilm collection of censuses and newspapers.
- Pick up items on hold.
- Drop off library items you have finished.
- Pick up copies of Bookpage.
- Read a newspaper or magazine.
- Use Wi-Fi while you work on your laptop or other device.
Where can I browse?
- All library stacks are open for browsing except for the magazines in the reading room.
- We request that items pulled from the shelf but not checked out be left at the baskets at the end of the shelves. Staff will put the items away later.
- Magazines in the reading room will be retrieved upon request by a library staff member.
- We require everyone in the library to wear a mask. Gloves are optional. We are happy to give you gloves or a mask to use while you are in the library.
- Please sanitize or wash your hands before and after browsing.